St Aloysius’ Learning Hub/Library is the dynamic heart of the school with a warm inviting feel, a space that is welcoming in a 21st century flexible learning environment.
It is a community-based area that is aesthetically appealing and highly functional in design. With modern resources and facilities to equip students in all areas:
- Our Learning Hub is not necessarily a quiet space, but generally a productive space offering indoor and outside learning environments. It not only makes productive learning possible, but also teaches attitudes and positive behaviours that enhance lifelong learning and success
- Our Learning Hub delivers a range of factors to encourage learning, including the environment, technology and the collection of books and resources. Children see that reading, learning and creating is cool. It gives them a magic that has the power to carry them to achieve their dreams.
It is an area to read, relax, create, meet, study and enjoy.
- A positive correlation between highly dedicated staff and students
- An active learning environment
- A productive STEAM room
- 21st century technology resources
- A wide variety of age appropriate text formats including, novels, non-fiction books, graphic novels, picture books. All books are shelved in genre-based classification for easy access for students
- The library cataloguing system OLIVER provides access to extra resources specifically chosen to meet the schools needs including, eBooks, audio books, links to websites and other physical resources
- A collection of age appropriate eBooks
- Author illustrator visits annually that build bridges to help children connect with books, the world and each other
- Participation in the state-wide Premiers Reading Challenge
- Book Club throughout the year and Book Fair during Term 3 of the school year
- All students have opportunities for weekly library borrowing
- Library bags can be purchased from the school office
- A student may normally have on loan two (2) resources at any one time. Non-fiction and fiction resources are generally on loan for 7 days only. If a student wishes to renew a book, the resource must first be returned to the library.