Pastoral Care is expressed through a network of relationships involving and including every person. The Parish clergy, parents, students and staff members are all involved in building our school community - having a sense of belonging; welcoming each other; being known and respected; and recognising, appreciating and affirming the giftedness of each person. Through our positive, open atmosphere, we welcome all and provide a safe, caring environment, which nurtures growth.
The Aims of Pastoral Care at St Aloysius
- To enable all to grow to their full potential
- To acknowledge everyone, develop quality relationships, and establish networks of care
- To foster personal and mutual respect among and between all members of our school community - students, teachers, parents and other members of our school and wider community
- To provide satisfying learning experiences and enable each one to develop confidence in his/her abilities
- To foster a sense of self-worth as individuals created and loved by God, with a sense of hope for themselves and for their world
- To develop an appreciation of and respect for cultural and family differences.
RIGHTS AND REPONSIBILITIES OF STUDENTS, PARENTS AND STAFF
We believe that all members of the school community have rights and responsibilities to ensure that learning and teaching take place in a supportive and cooperative environment. A right is something that belongs to a person and cannot be taken away. A responsibility is something a person should do to make sure the rights of others are respected.
- Everyone has the right to respect
- Everyone has the right to learn
- Everyone has the right to feel safe and be safe.